Plex (https://plex.tv) organizes all of your video, music, and photo collections and streams them to all of your screens. Enjoy unlimited use of the free version of this app, and unlock its full functionality with a Plex Pass subscription or a small one-time in-app purchase (see below).
Note: If you’ve already purchased the app or have a Plex Pass, you do NOT need to purchase again! We attempt to detect your previous purchase automatically. If this fails, please select "Already Paid?" on the activation screen and follow the instructions to restore your purchase.
• Unlimited casting of photos and videos from the Camera Roll on your phone or tablet to Plex apps on Roku, Chromecast, Android TV, Fire TV, and Plex Home Theater (coming soon to Xbox One, Playstation, and other apps).
• Unlimited casting of any media on your Plex Media Server (free download available at https://plex.tv/downloads) to other Plex Apps.
• Remote control your big screen Plex Apps.
• LIMITATION: Playing media from your Plex Media Server on the device running this app is limited (one minute for music and video, watermark on photos) until the app is unlocked.
• Unlock unlimited streaming to your phone or tablet with a Plex Pass subscription that includes many other premium features (available at https://plex.tv/plexpass) -OR- a small one-time in-app purchase.
Here’s a small taste of more things that Plex does to make your media experience awesome:
• Plex makes your media beautiful with artwork, rich metadata, and related content.
• Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
• Easily share your media with friends and family.
• Plex Pass feature: Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing.
• Plex Pass feature: Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline.
• Plex Pass feature: Online Trailers and Extras for the movies in your collection!
• Queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and watch them later.
- Allow items from discovery hubs (e.g., "Recently Added Movies") to be added to sync.
- Fix crash when streaming via AirPlay.
- Fix crash that could occur when attempting to play videos.
- Fix failure to play Cloud Sync content.
- Resolve issue where application would forget about previously discovered Plex Players.
- Fix bug that, under very special conditions, could cause the app to crash when exiting a preplay screen.
- Improve server/player handling if plex.tv is not available.
- Fix a couple of problems around opening Recommended/Watch Later videos after local PMS had gone offline.
- Fix problem where photos from the iPhotos channel wouldn't display full-screen.
- [TV layout] Fix crash resuming library section screen if background art takes too long to load.
- [Android TV] Fix bug that would cause the app to crash while trying to update the background image.
Require 3.2 and Up & File Size 5.4mb